Monday, January 10, 2011

R&J Entry #2

4 Metaphors: Extended metaphor: When Romeo and Juliet talk and they discuss her beging a shrine and him being a pilgrim.When Benvolio and Romeo talk about Cupids Arrow and how Rosaline will remain chaste.

Direct Metaphor: Benvolio comparing Rosaline to a crown when put next to other ladies. When Lord Capulet is talking to Paris he compares the young women who are going to be at the ball to fresh flowers.


Dear Abby,
         The most terribly wonderful event has taken place! The swift arrow of cupid has found a bulls eye within my mortal heart. Before I could dodge, it struck me. Then to my horror I discovered my Love's name. "Romero" , my enemy by birth! Our families would rather die than allow us to be married! I have tried coaxing my parents that it might not be a bad idea for me to choose who I marry, but they are very traditional and just scoff. They think there is another, better guy, one they picked out, "Pedro", that they are pushing me to marry. I do not want to hurt my parents or get my love in trouble. Indeed, it is a perilous situation, please help me Abby. --Clueless in Verona

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, there are few options acquirable for thee in this calamitous misfortune. May I recommend you confront her family and attempt to form an alliance between the two. If an alliance is not attainable, thou hath nonfulfillment by birthed enemies. I wish thee luck in thy field of romanticism.

    ReplyDelete